There is smoke haze in some parts of the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley (Warburton to Healesville) areas.
This smoke is a result of the Bunyip State Park Fire.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
• Smoke can affect people’s health.
• People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
• People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
• If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
• Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
• VicEmergency Hotline – freecall 1800 226 226.
• VicEmergency app.
• Facebook or Twitter (#vicfires).
• Tune in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
• To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
• If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.
Source: CFA District 13 Facebook page